Rights and Responsibilities
Financial Aid Rights and Responsibilities
Education after high school involves your time, money, and effort. It is a big investment that carries with it many rights and responsibilities.
As a student you have the right to know from Financial Aid:
- Financial Aid Programs available at Baton Rouge College
- How students apply for aid and how eligibility is determined
- How and when aid is disbursed
- Return and repayment of Title IV aid policy
- Policies regarding satisfactory academic progress
- Terms of, schedules for, and the necessity of loan repayment and required exit counseling
- Terms and conditions under which students receiving federal education loans may obtain deferments. https://www.myedaccount.com/
- Terms and conditions regarding Title IV Aid
- Information available at www.brc.edu.
As a student, you are responsible for:
- Completing all forms required by Financial Aid accurately and by the published deadlines.
- Notifying the Financial Aid Office (FAO) if any changes are made in your name, address, marital status, financial situation, or enrollment status.
- Reporting to the FAO any additional assistance from other sources, such as scholarships, waivers, and education benefits.
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress
- Reapplying for aid each year by completing the FAFSA
Please note: Financial aid awards are tentative awards and are not finalized until enrollment status is final. Any changes in enrollment status should be reported to the Financial Aid Office immediately so that any necessary adjustments may be made.